At GrowWorks, we believe that produce has a purpose. Whether it’s gardening in soil or using clean hydroponics, we train growers of all abilities to thrive. We strive to maintain the inherently healthy properties of produce by using organic gardening techniques. From seed to harvest, our growers experience the beauty and amazement of nature while gaining the fulfillment which can only come from a job well done!
What is Hydroponics?
Hydroponics is a subset of hydroculture, the method of growing plants without soil, using mineral nutrient solutions in a water solvent.
• Hydroponics growing methods use 90% less water than traditional growing techniques
• Using hydroponics, growers can plant four times the amount of crops compared to traditional farming practices in the same square footage of land.
• Hydroponic systems allow the grower to dial in the nutrients needed for specific plants, allowing them to grow two times faster.
• A year-round growing season provides fresh produce when outdoor gardens cannot.
Availability dependent on season
• Lettuce (Romaine, Bibb, Butter Crunch & various leaf lettuce varieties)
• Kale (Dinosaur)
• Herbs (Basil, Dill and Chives)
• Microgreens (Basil, Cress, Radish, Cilantro, and Beets)
• Cucumbers (English and Socrates)
• Tomatoes (Big Dena, Black Cherry, Cherry Bomb, Golden Nugget and Artisan varieties)
• Beans (Jade, Burgundy and Green)
• Peppers (Bell)
• Green Beans
• Winter Squash
OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH:
Careers for people with disabilities
Black Hills Works has the ability to provide staffing for my business.